personanlity profiling

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontstreetlawns, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

i know there are books out there to help judge people personalities, for those that have read them are they good? did you feel it helped you with the sales? what book would you recrommend to read?
  2. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

nobody? anybody?
  3. greenguy08

greenguy08 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I have no experience with this, but you might be on the right track. A semi- retired friend is really good at "reading people" after years in the biz. I think he just picked it up over the years, but you might want to look into some marketing classes, as some might cover this topic.
  4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I took some sales classes from David Sandler The Sandler Sales Institute. You might see if any of his tapes ,CD's are available they work and are entertaining too. They discuss the different personality types at length and in the classes you do role playing to model the other types. I think Tony Robbins talks about it too in his first book Awaken The Giant Within.
  5. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

You're dabbling in an area that I wish more LCOs would get in to. I have always (in one way or another) presented questions and/or role-played with trainees prior to keeping them. In this business, you need TYPE A personalities. Look up personality types on
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Comming from the computer field... Myself and my crew was forced to take human interactions classes...

We were MIS guys working in the medical field... we did NOT get along with people where as nurses are nurses because they love people...

we took 3 calsses at the local junior college and I must say EVERYONE on the face of the earth SHOULD take at least one.....

It will really helo you to id personalitys and teach ya to seek out key words...

Good Luck