personel pace mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danny van hoozer, Feb 23, 2003.

1. danny van hoozer

danny van hoozer LawnSite Member

Does anyone use one of the new 'personel pace' mowers from lawnboy for the hills? I have a gold series lawnboy that I do the hills with that I can't get my ztr on. I like the fact that I can put the mower in first gear and pull the bail and just hang on for the ride,so the speak. I don't think the personel pace mowers would be very good for what I've used my three speed gold series mower for over the years. If anybody has any experience with one of the personel pace ones, or has used another brand of 21 inch mowers for the steep hills I would like to hear about it. Also if I could find anybody that sells lawnboys that has the old three speed transmission I would like to know.

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I say the Toro proline, its the best in my opinion, and its also a 2 stroke so you don't have to worry about it knocking off on steep hills. Its supposed to be the best mulcher/bagger available. Its about $1000 with the BBC.

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I HAD the toro but, the wheels kept coming off. It was a very good amchine but, I could not handle putting the wheels on everytime. I just went to sears and got a crapsman with a 3yr extended warranty. The warranty is the ONLY reason I got a crapsman It has the " my speed" It works pretty good for MY applications but, The toro would be good. :)

4. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I would recommend a Toro Proline as well but you better hurry if you want a two cycle.By the way I just checked Toro's website and they list a Lawn Boy commercial with a 3spd trans.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I purchased one of the silver series last year to use on steep ditches. I had a few ditches that I couldn't mow with my 757. I never had a problem with it, I like the fact that they are 2 stroke engines and less maintenance too.

Lawncare3,

Umm, why did the wheels keep falling off?

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I could never figure that out. I would just be mowing and there I saw it rolling. :confused:

7. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Man those lawns must have been scalped something terrible. I can't say I've ever heard of a mowers wheels just falling off. But I have now. One thing closer to knowing it all!:D

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Double check the warranty on that piece of crapsman. Warranty could be void when used as commercial. (It wont hold up to commercial abuse anyway.:D )

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

And what Sears don't know won't hurt ;)

10. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Good Stuff - pay the price once and replacements are free (rakes & shovels) = great deal.. I go right past a Sears Hardware on my way to work.. On a first name basis with some of the sales associates.
    BobR