pest/fert/herb test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by The landscaper, Apr 6, 2006.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I am planning to get licensed here shortly. First just curious as to what I should look forward to on the test. Also, do I just go and take the test, if I pass im good to go or what?

2. The landscaper

bump bump bump

3. The landscaper

Anybody take this test?

4. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

It's going to vary by state.

In Illinois....

I'm what's called a "commercial not for hire applicator" which means I only work for my employer... in this case, the church. Parks, towns, sports turf managers, superindents, etc., would all fall in this category.

Someone who might be hired to apply pesticides for customers would be classified a "commercial for hire applicator" in the area of their choice... turf, turf & ornamentals, right of way, aquatics, etc.

Both take the same exact test the only difference is the definition and I didn't have to pay anything once I got the license nor did I have to provide liability insurance. The commercial guys do.

Again, in Illinois, you are asked to renew your license at the beginning of the year. You need to test every two years. A minimum of two tests are required for an applicator's license and only one for an operator's license... but according to law, an operator must have an applicator present.

Not sure if that's what you are looking for, but that's how it is in IL.