Pesticide App' Insurance...........

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ChicagoLawn, Mar 26, 2003.

1. ChicagoLawn

ChicagoLawn LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone can assist me with my need to purchase pesticide liability insurance? Any Insurance company names, phone numbers or web sites would be appreciated.

I am licensed, and in Illinois.

Thank you in advance.

2. lawnboyil

lawnboyil LawnSite Member

we are covered by country companies. here in il check with the farm bureau, also wessiburger (sp?) insurance they usally run ads in lawn and landscape. hope that was some help

p.s chicago lawns where are you based out of ?

TOTALLAWN OF KY LawnSite Member

i use ohio causulties and its about 450 a year
    ive got there number if u need it
  4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i use farm and family ins. out of n.y.

they know the green industries which makes a big difference to me...
    few years ago i was being sued and they went to bat for me and the adjuster really knew what he was talking about..

if i had a company that knows nothing about the green inst. i would have been up the creek..
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the Western Reserve Group. They are located in Wooster, Ohio. :) ;) :) ED
  6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is through Fireman's, but just a part of my general liability policy. When I bought it I showed my agent the pesticide course paper work, which he copied before calling the insurance underwriter. My 2M policy for the year was $600.
  7. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Dang ,Weisberger is charging me 1300.00 per year .:mad:
  8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn Tek -

Bummer. Call around, man. Don't forget to check out the independent insurance agencies in your area, if you havn't already.
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. They charge by your yearly gross. Here in Fla. Lawn mowing insurance is higher than pesticide insurance. Landscape install Insurance is higher than lawn mowing. Worker Comp is the same way. Nursery Insurance worker comp is lowest for green industry but crop insurance is too high to carry. Our insurance carrier will make us pay the highest rate across the board.

Really gets you mad when you pay all the taxes and insurance only to be under bid by a scrub. Our worker comp is going up from 10.3% to 12.?% this year.

4 years ago I got out of tree work because of insurance costs this year I will drop Termite work because of insurance costs. I Never was a fan of termite work.