1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pesticide application test in NJ

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by chris08087, Jan 3, 2004.

1. chris08087

chris08087 LawnSite Member

I'm going to take my applicators test in a few weeks. I just got the books and started reading them, this is going to take a while. for anyone who has taken the test, is there any section I should put more effort into. any tips for exam day?
  2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

The core test is closed book so study it well. As for the Catagories 3A +3B They are open book. What I would suggest is Highlighting the corner page of each chapter and Get to know where everything is. The test has a 90 min time limit so it's a good idea to know where to go quickly. Don't try to memorize 3a-3b. The idea is to learn how to REFERANCE material to find your answers. The test is multiple choice and most of the time 2 out of the 4 questions are way off. Watch out for trick questions.

Read each chapter and do the self study questions, then check your answers and learn from your mistakes.
    Having done the above...The test is a piece of cake.