Pesticide applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Meiklejohn, May 4, 2006.

1. Meiklejohn

Meiklejohn LawnSite Member

I am a licensed pesticide applicator in Maryland. This is my first year so I was hoping someone with more experience could send me some info on what they are applying and when they are applying and what they charge to do this. I will be buying a tank and hose, etc. (once my customers pay me for April's mowing)! I would like to use the same chemicals that some of the larger companies use but I have no idea what those chemicals would be. Thanks
  2. broske

broske LawnSite Member

If you're licenced you should know what products to use.When I got my licence I had to study all the different pesticides on the market.You should'nt have any questions there.
  3. Meiklejohn

Meiklejohn LawnSite Member

What I am looking for is someone with more experience than 4 months to help me out with pricing, specific pesticides and different perspectives on the business! I am currently using granular and would like to move towards liquid applications. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions other than telling me how well you can memorize pesticides? Any help would be appreciated!
  4. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

as far as your mix goes, it actually would be foolish to have anyone outside of your local area make any kind of suggestions. Soil conditions, heat and humidity, cultural practices and water all will play a role in your final mix each round and be specific to your area. I suggest you speak with your local suppliers and the county or university extension in your area to come up with a base line mix looooooong before you take anyones word over the internet.
  5. Rhett@Gregson-Clark

Rhett@Gregson-Clark Sponsor

One of our dealers is a supplier of fertilizer, chemicals, seed etc in your area and I think they would be a great resource for you for product recommendations and to set up a program for your customers. They are also well connected with the local industry associations etc. If you are interested call Jay Turchi at Synatek 610-279-6706. Good Luck!