Pesticide Business Expansion

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by hickory, Nov 11, 2005.

1. hickory

hickory LawnSite Member

Has anyone thought about going the route of general pesticide business? Rodent control, termites, ants, wildlife etc....

2. As a hobby, I attempt to control the local fish population in a nearby lake. I use primitive methods, but the license is cheap and no test to take.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

4. hickory

hickory LawnSite Member

Yeah, that's they way. Nice website. I know a guy out here who makes abour 125 per hour on average by himself. I'm sure there is quite a bit of a learning curve, but like anything else it just takes time and dedication.

5. allgreenlawncare

allgreenlawncare LawnSite Member

Assuming all license and insurance it seems to work hand in hand!

allgreen1.jpg

6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

was thinking about it just havent gotten around to looking into all the lic i will need

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Im planning on checking into it this winter, would be a great add on for the lawn customers you already have.

9. breckslawncare

breckslawncare LawnSite Member

Hey, that's what I do too.
    Turf and pest is a great combination.
    Just make sure you learn how to seperate the two when it comes time to do residential pesticide application. I came in from the other way (pest to turf app.) and I love doing both.
    The biggest difference is product placement, you know where to spot for creeping charley because you can see it, where it came from and where it's likely to go. In pest control your placing pesticide into peoples homes (where there kids crawl) and your focus changes to proper placement.
    Once you learn that mindset you can do it.
    Good luck man, if you have any questions post 'em.

Breck

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

All Green,
    Is that a 200 gal. sprayer in the back of your truck? Is that a 1/2 ton?

Arizona Weedhead, Is that your setup, there?

Both of these setups are nice, and I can hardly believe how nice these graphics look on those trucks. They are A-1, without question. What a couple of great selections for graphic design. Very professional.

I'm thinking about going and getting my structural this winter. I was just going to get it to do perimeters. I figure if I use something like Talstar, and go 4 ft. out and 4 ft. up. I sure would like to learn more about this business, though. Would it be ok to talk to you guys about it sometime?