Pesticide/Fertilizer license in Illinois

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Herrick, May 29, 2007.

1. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

Gotten several requests for fertilizer service, which I can't do at the moment. Anyone in Illinois licensed? How hard was it to get the license? Doesn't seem too bad from what I've read online, but it does seem like somewhat of a PITA for just a few customers. I'd love to find someone in the Peoria area that I can send refferals to!

2. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi. It requires alot of studying, testing,passing,insurance,ect.. I will get more info. for you tomorrow.Maybe we could get together.Brent

3. jtrover

jtrover LawnSite Member

I have a commercial applicator license, it is not difficult to pass some of the tests, but it would just depend upon which areas you want to be licensed in.You can call Springfield and they can give you the information for taking the test in your area. The phone number is 1-800-641-3934. I don't believe that you are required to have a license to fertilize unless it contains a herbicide, they can answer all of your questions at Springfield.

4. bntt68

I'm in Bartonville. The U of I extension office has study workbooks and other info. They have a office in Peoria off Sheridan.

5. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

Brent, I'd love to get together sometime. This week is pretty well shot for me, and I'll be out of town this weekend, but perhaps sometime next week?

6. bntt68

Sounds good, Im swamped too.

7. delabarre

delabarre LawnSite Member

hey guys i was jw if i could get the website so i can figure out when the next class is.

thanks