pesticide help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mhelberg, Apr 22, 2004.

1. mhelberg

mhelberg LawnSite Member

I am a partner in a fairly new LCO located in Virginia. We are thinking about subcontracting our fertilizer and pesticide applications to someone. If you know anyone who may be interested in helping out, I would like the opportunity to hear what they have to say...

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

spray services HATE doing work for lawn guys as a subcontractor,,,,because most lawn guys make them look bad!

3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I hate to say it, but I charge landscapers the same as residential customers if I do it at all. It's always something when I subcontract...

4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

we do a fair amount of business with landscapers.
    and here are my complaints;

they like to call and expect us to drop everything for them (we do our best to acomodate)

they take their sweet time to pay

they have the attitude that their business is much more important than mine

I especially love it when they owe a HUGE balance that is like more than 60 days and they call yelling because we have not applied the next round to their properties yet..LOL..yeah I like that one :)

But, if you truely want a working relationship the marriage between you and the sub can be profitable for the both of you.

We do deal with some landscapers that we like and we will go out of our way to service their lawns and help make THEM look good to their customers.