Pesticide Insurance in KY ???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmc456, Mar 10, 2004.

1. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

Growing my business this year to include pesticide applications. I'm have a hell of a time finding someone who will insure for mowing and pesticide applications. Once you say pesticide applications they are like, "no can do, call someone else".

2. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Indiana Insurance Company

3. dmc456

Thanks, I'll try them.

4. dmc456

They don't do Kentucky.

Any other ideas.

I have also tried:

State Farm
    American Family
    Zurich

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I just got mine through Nationwide. $399 for $1 million liability for chem. and mowing. Just call out to the one on Bardstown Rd. (231-8229-talk with Charlee)and tell her you want the same coverage that I (Tim Brown) got. She'll help you out.

6. ParkerLawn

from KY

I live in Bowling Green, KY and have my insurance with Indiana Ins Company. Don't know where you got you info. Have used them for 4 yrs in KY.

7. dmc456

Interesting, I called them this week and was told they won't do Kentucky. Sounds like I'll be calling them back.

Thanks

8. ParkerLawn

from KY

Tell them I am in Bowling Green, KY and go through Center of Insurance and have their company as my carrier. If you like I can give the number to my agent and let you talk to her and maybe she can find someone in your area.

9. dmc456

Nationwide saved me at least $500 on my $1Mil liability policy.

Thanks for the tip.

10. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

That's odd. I just got mine at the end of last month for $399/yr. Wonder why they would quote you so high? Are you a solo operator, or do you have employees? The only other factor that I could think of is if you do arborist work.

Even at $500 they're still a lot cheaper than Farm Bureau who quoted me $1125/yr for the same coverage.

Good luck with your search.