Pesticide Insurance

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TripleA, Jan 29, 2007.

1. TripleA

TripleA LawnSite Member

I am starting into the spray business this spring and I am looking for a
    company that will write this type of insurance. I am in Missouri so if anyone could help I would appreciate.

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Check to see if scotsdale is in your state. We have been pleased with them.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Also check into Columbia insurance. With any type of insurance you will just have to find an agent and see what they have to offer. Both Scotsdale and Columbia have provisions for the pesticide part. Often it's hard to convey that's what you have to have to an agent... Standard Liability type insurance isn't enough.

4. caleb_harlan

caleb_harlan LawnSite Member

Triple a did you ever find out about insurance for missouri. my G/L guy just quoted me 3000 for a year just for 50000 coverage. that seems wrong.

5. BobcatBoy06

BobcatBoy06 LawnSite Member

6. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

Your Insurance company for your business won't add that on to your policy? If not seems kind of strange they would'nt, the amount of claims filed is nothing.

7. cwags73

cwags73 LawnSite Member

I just signed on with Erie for 1,000,000 liabilty and my rider says specifically that fert and pesticde is included. It is their 5 star contractor policy. Had to say that for the state to issue my license.