1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pesticide license test

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Haggerty, Dec 14, 2006.

1. I just got back form taking my test for "ornamentals" to add to my "Turf" certification. I'm thinking I passed it.

That was one of the things I got written up for during my Dept. of Agriculture inspection last month. I'd been using Roundup in the shrub beds and said so.

Probably a good thing I took the test. Had a customer last season that lost an entire bed of Abrovite to bag worms. That customer had been having someone else install & mulch the beds but still...I was the man on site. I should have killed the litte buggars. Or at least reported them to the authorities.:laugh:

Anyway that completes my season. I don't own a snowplow. Camper is hitched to the work truck and it's pointed toward Florida. Though I might have to go to Quartzite Arizona. Just called Florida and the cheep campground is full. Must be all of those hurricane victims.

I'll try to get online with the laptop. So if anyone wants to wish me "good riddance" I might get the message.:walking:
    So long till next season.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Hey Dave,
    Have a good time, be safe, and see you back on here next season sometime, if you don't get hooked up with the laptop. :)
  3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Any chance that you knew before-hand that you needed the license?

Or was this your first exposure to the requirement?