pesticide record keeping software?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by deltascapes, Nov 18, 2007.

1. deltascapes

deltascapes LawnSite Member

i have 250 accounts, i was wondering what software would be good

2. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

i use groundskeeper pro...it takes some getting used to but works real good...great for printing bills...

3. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

my invoices are dual copies, no problems

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

SAME HERE!

Love it!

Definitly isn't the BEST software on the market...but I do think it is GREAT for the money!

I too love the preprinted invoices, and I think the giving the customer envelopes are great. I have gotten great comments from that!

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've been looking serious at Realgreen. That and QXpress work (integrate) with Quickbooks. My main concern right now, is finding a good routing software. I want an intelligent one that will automatically insert an address into the right route. That, and take an outside one out if necessary (if too many are added) and put the best one out and into a different route (territory).

6. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

With 600 customers =/- I use CLIP and like it, but can see outgrowing it in a few years. I have "QCLIP" which works with QB for billing. Routing is manual...I set up routes as I see fit. Realgreen will be my next step. You can also do some things manually with windows installed software.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'll tell ya Mark, I would love to sit down with you sometime, and see just how you implement this. I look at a map of Genesee Co., and am just about overwhelmed, thinking how in the WORLD am I going to do this when I get up to that many customers. Even at just the full time level of around 400. Do you use Microsoft Maps and Streets? I want to set up different routes (territories), and have them printed out as the most efficient loops as possible. I am getting SO tired of driving in circles or out of my way inefficiently.
    Now John uses QXpress, so that is a different game, altogether. Everyday, his guy(s) get their folder with printed out maps and directions of the absolute shortest and or fastest routes around.

8. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a demo cd of Real green software. They have a routing feature that is nothing short of amazing.

However for the size of my company, Groundskeeper pro is a great product.

9. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Also makes billing go A LOT Faster with the window envelopes.

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I set my route manually during the winter. Red dots on map--connect with pencil line. I number the cards and always do them in the same order. West to east. I add new customers manually where needed. If they are between stop number 77 and 78--then their number is 77.5.

250 accounts isn't big. For my one-man-show I use Microsoft Works database software. When I type in the date of application--I have it setup to automatically type in the pre-planned information: the price, the chem, the rate, the EPA number, the concentration, and the taget pest. Of course, if I make changes in the price or product--I have to do a few manual entries. I mostly use copy and paste to insert a different product and its EPA number--so i don't have to type the information and number manually. Sometimes I use "Fill Down". If they are all the same you can add all the above information, neatly typed, in one second.

I use the form letter function to send bills--and window envelopes.

Get a computer nerd to help you and see what you can do with a free spreadsheet similar to Excel.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you do.