Pesticide Recording Software

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bryn, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,

I have looked at some of the suggestions for Turf/Lawn software, but most seem to come from the grass cutting/Landscaping angle. Does anyone have any suggestion on a good piece of software that will do pesticide recording for the state, and client invoicing.

Thanks

Bryn
    Elite Pest & Lawn Solutions
    TN CH#3843

2. kobisk

kobisk LawnSite Member

Bryn,
    I am actually working on developing a software package for pest/fertilizer recording and am looking for a list of requirements for all states, and more importantly what users are looking for in a package so if you have any thing that you specifially would like to see in a product, let me know. I hope to have something by Spring, but as a partner in landscaping business that does everything from watergardens to irrigation to fertilizing, and being a parent of two active children I have little if any spare time to work on the project. I have a degree in management information systems and did computer support for a major telecom provider for 3.5 yrs before taking over brother-in-laws duties in the landscaping business. Let me know if you find something else out there also.

Kris Kobiskie
    Grassroots Complete Outdoors
    Abilene, KS

3. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

Hey Kris,

I really need three tables in a database, one would be the Client information, Pesticide information, and application location/amount with pesticides used. The requirements of the state are general information such as

1. Landlord, Agent or Other Person Employing Applicator
    2. Date & Time of Application
    3. Site Address or Location
    4. Target Pest
    5. Pesticide Trade Name
    6. Dosage Rate
    7. % of mixed use dilution
    8. Total Amount used

Additional information would be
    1. Common or Chemical Name
    2. EPA Reg. NO.
    3. REI (Hours/Days)
    4. Weather Conditions
    5. Name of Applicator

A lot of the information for the application could be pulled from the two main tables, Client info, and Pesticide Info. Hope this gives an idea.

What where you going to write this in?

Best Regards

Bryn
    Elite Pest & Lawn Solutions
    TN CH#3843

4. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Have you taken a look at Service Pro? We like it. Neal

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

6. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Ant, do you use billmaster? I breifly checked out there website, seems like a neat program for short money, I like the pda set up. They still talk about DOS programs tho, I wonder if it needs updateing, how long have they had that version?

7. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

james, i been using it since 1990. great people to deal with .give them a call.
    anthony

8. luv_lawns

luv_lawns LawnSite Member

The company that I was working for uses ServicePro.Net Software and it is wonderful. If you have a problem they also have a great tech support group as well. If you want more info, let me know, and I'll be glad to assist.