Pesticide Test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by zinkjo, Mar 27, 2005.

1. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

I am taking the NJ Pesticide license test in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any sample tests? Has anyone taken it? What should I study? I am taking the core exam and category B (lawn & turf).

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't the state offer a study guide?

3. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

Yes, I have 2 books but I was looking for some pointers on what I really need to know.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

it's very easy, and it is open book (at least when i took it). mark the areas in the book with the different sections, so that it is quicker to find. where r u taking it?

5. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

I think it's actually in Millville. South Jersey. The Category B is open book, but the core is not. I'm hoping to get by on just studying the test questions in the book, but I wasn't sure if that was enough.

6. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Where do you set up an appointment to take the test?

7. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to say it but 3a, 3b and 3c are closed book from last month.

8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm glad to see that, I almost couldn't believe that, open book pest. testing.
    Here in Michigan we could only dream of having it made that easy. never been open book and strict on getting a full blown license to do business too.
    Glad to see the garbage state catching up to the rest of the country.:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :waving:

9. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I check the jersey tests.. man it confusing for what I need to take! I see I need to take the 'core commercial test' then 3 others.. do I just pick any other three?? It doesnt say.

10. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

yeah you gota choose which you're going to do or if all...