Pesticide warning letter

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CutsLawnCarePlus, Apr 1, 2004.

1. CutsLawnCarePlus

CutsLawnCarePlus LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if anybody else has run into this. After spending far to many years working for someone else, I started my own business this year. I have my Greencard for fert/weed control in Michigan and the business is in the process of having a license. So today I go to the mailbox and receive a letter from the Dept of Ag. saying to stop all activities immediately. I basically can not believe such bs. They go on to say that this letter is sent to all applicators, which i also think is bs because it sounds as if this is sent to companys that are new and dont have the files on record yet. Anyways, long story short, has anybody else received this letter ? Or did some one turn me in? Just for the record I have not applied a pesticide nor will I apply one until the license is in the mailbox.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like you may have been reported, somehow. For a cease and desist letter come, it had to have been lead to believe that you WERE using pesticides. You've been certified before (for the last few years) and did pesticides for someone else? Or was it that you did other things like maintenance or something for someone?

3. CutsLawnCarePlus

Thats the thing I have not used any Pesticides of the sort. I have been certified and worked for another company and now with the new business I am getting a business license to work under my own business. My Green card is current and I have sent the business license stuff to the state.

4. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

I would recommend you set a appointment with your local inspector and get the facts from the source.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, even if you haven't applied any pesticides, it was probably from an advertisement, flier, card, or something like that, that they may have gotten wind of. If you've already sent in your CP application and your proof of insurance, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Your stuff will come through. You MAY want to call a gentleman by the name of Tom Benner @ 989 758 1778. He is from the MDA, and can explain what your status is, and what the letter is about. I think it's just that wanted you to know that you need to have that license before any applications are made. Good luck with it!

6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Runner is on the right track. Did you advertise for pest. apps. before you had your business license? If so, more than likely you have been turned in. You cannot even advertise until you have that license.

7. CutsLawnCarePlus

Thanks guys, I will give Tom a call today.

8. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yea I got one too, My problem is I applied late to get my business license, I have been licensed in the past and they just sent it cause i had not renewed yet. In fact it came in the mail 3 days after I sent in my app. On there is an E-mail for Rosemary sshoot her an E-mail out and see. I believe they sent the letters this year to a bunch of lawn care.

Could your old boss have said anything?

I would not worry as long as you make sure you have your licence before you do any spraying.

9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

By the way, Nice to have a local guy here. I sent you a PM.

Whats your company name?