Pesticides and pets

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sprayboy, Jul 18, 2007.

1. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

2. storm-shadow

storm-shadow LawnSite Member

Hi,
    Interesting video, odd they didn't mention watering the turf after the application (since this is the quickest/most effective way to reduce exposure).
    I try not to use post-emergent herbicides, usually on new accounts (existing customers friend/relative). I charge a lot more for post-emergent apps, I don't like having to deal with post-emmerget's & I always cycle the irrigation after post-emergent apps. I believe that some post-emergent's have been known carcinogens for some time.
    My only concern with this type of report is the "knee-jerk" reaction it can have on the public regarding necessary applications of non-carcinogenic relatively safe products.

Regards,
    Storm-shadow

3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

You know what I noticed? They took breeds of dogs that are in a higher risk category for cancer and then decided to say that the lawn application was a major contributing factor to them getting the cancer they are predisposed to get.

4. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

5. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

48 hrs.???? i tell customers when it dries it is fine. anyone know for sure?

i once had a scott's salesman tell me on the phone it is fine 5 minutes after the technician has left the dogs can be on the lawn.

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

This video is a TOTAL JOKE!!! Recommedations given by these left-wingers that get their paycheck from us (U.S. tax payers) are creating stupid thoughts. Question: Did they ever expose where they got their results from??? NOPE. One thing's for sure........they will be voting for Hillary. Maybe Obamma? The TRUTH hurts. I'm paying their salaries, and I ain't proud of it. Proud American taxpayer, americanlawn (tired of paying for "others" responsibilities).

7. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

does not work for me , the video

8. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

NONE of the lesco ferts or herbicides say on the label how long to stay off yet we are legaly binded to make up somehting and write it down on a 4x4 card and put it in the yard, what a joke.

9. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

I guess we can make an extra buck by leaving some carrots at the door.

10. coyoteman

coyoteman LawnSite Member

You can see just how educated that dr. is towards pesticides as she refers to herbicides and pesticides as two different things. Wonder if a dictionary was handy during that study.