Pesticides

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by H & S Services LLC, Jan 9, 2013.

1. H & S Services LLC

H & S Services LLC LawnSite Member

We have been in business a few years now and we are looking to expand into weed control / pesticides intensely. Was trying to get certified to use pesticides ( in Tennessee ) and cannot seem to figure out how to do that down here. If anyone can help me with that it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. ArtisticLandCrafters LLC

ArtisticLandCrafters LLC LawnSite Member

Where is down here? I am right outside of New Orleans and I am taking the horticulture certification exam tomorrow, and am getting my pest license along with arboriculturist license in fall. Delgado community college has a great program!!!! If you end up there tell Rich I sent ya!!! Good luck.

3. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

Should be able to contact the local plant board or agriculture dept and ask how to become a certified applicator..

4. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

5. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Your state dept. of agriculture will have all the info you need to get certified and licensed. Hope your study and exam go well!

6. H & S Services LLC

H & S Services LLC LawnSite Member

I really thank you guys for your quick responses. This was a ton of help. I ask a few local guys and you won't believe some of the responses that I got. I hope I pass too!!!! We are located in Memphis Tn.

Thanks