1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pet Domestic: Pet Dog Waste Removal (Pooper Scooper)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Pet Domestic, May 5, 2014.

1. Pet Domestic

Pet Domestic LawnSite Member

Yes! We pick up dog crap and only dog crap. We charge as low as $11.95 per visit for a small townhouse yard with one dog or up to $24.95/visit+ for a dog boarder with a large lawn. Typical house with two dogs and 1/2 acre lawn is $15.95 per visit.

We do charge a one-time/initial visit fee which I assess through a phone consult. I've charged anywhere from $19.95 to $99.95. I bring the shovel to these visits, because... ya never know! :)
  2. Pet Domestic

Pet Domestic LawnSite Member

My customers fit into one or many of the following categories:

- Health Issue: bad backs, recovering from surgery, elderly
    - Dog Boarders: 5-15 dogs at a time. unable to keep up.
    - Too busy: People working 16 hours a day. Full time student with a full time job.

Yes, many customers could do the work, like they could mow their own lawns but prefer the convenience and security of having a reliable professional on the task.
  3. Captain Mike

Captain Mike LawnSite Member

...and some people are just to good to pick up do doo. That's fine , because you fill the void.
  4. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

I've often thought about adding this to my services...very professional website and hope you're having a good season. Tell us a bit more about your business, how many customers, employees, etc...?
  5. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a booming industry. Anyone that mocks it is an idiot, it's a fantastic service.
  6. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I can't believe alot of you guys haven't added this service yet! I've told customers before that if I have to pick it up its going to cost them more than they want to pay ,only if its a constant thing though. If it happens once or twice okay, but you all probably have customers where you're constantly dealing with it. Give them a warning of the cost and if it happens again they pay. Most people understand and the ones that don't are always problem customers anyway who expect something for nothing.
  7. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

hey, I see 2 new companies around here doing it
  8. RSLM&LS

RSLM&LS LawnSite Member

I just run over it. Dog crap makes the grass grow faster so I have to cut it more often and make more money.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Run an unvented enclosed trailer for a day in the summer and the baking dog feces inside will guarentee you don't run it over again.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. ErnieMccracken

ErnieMccracken LawnSite Member

Any special tricks or techniques to finding all the droppings relatively quickly or do you just wander around like the rest of us?