pet urin brow spots?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Kathryn Doheny, May 2, 2001.

1. Kathryn Doheny

Kathryn Doheny LawnSite Member

I heard that you can use a household cemical for this problem but I don't know what one. Do any of you have any Ideas? Thanks

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

For factual info: "Dog-on-it" Lawn Problems. The only real solution is to keep (female) dogs from squatting in the lawn. Dr. Thompson also states that dilution of urine - having pet drink a lot of liquid - may reduce lawn damage.

Also do a search (above right on every page), there are many old discussions on this subject. Use "Dog urine" or "urine" as a keyword, and leave all other search choices as they are when search window appears.

3. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Just water the area real good when you start seeing the grass turn yellow. This will dulute it and will come back in about one week. I have an all about gardening book and this urine problem is in there and what I suggested is what it says to do as well. My Boston Terriers pee in this one section so it has yellow spots here and there I water it done good and it works.

4. Samurai WeedWacker

Samurai WeedWacker LawnSite Member

Some species of dogs have more damaging urine than do other species. Dalmatians are the worst.