Pet Waste Removal - Want to mow!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TheScoopGroup, Apr 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. REASON18

REASON18 LawnSite Member

Yeah, I had looked on your web site but that rates page wasn't loading. I don't know if it was my browser or not. But thanks for getting back to me with the info.

2. REASON18

REASON18 LawnSite Member

I just checked again and still nothing but a green blank box....

3. TheScoopGroup

TheScoopGroup LawnSite Member

Met with a gentleman tonight that has been in the lawn care industry since the mid 70's and is on his way out. After a meal and a few cold ones he told me he would be happy to lend me a 5 year old 48" gravely walk behind, backpack blower, and trimmer to get me started. If I like it I can buy it, if I don't I can give it back, if it blows up - sh*t happens is what he told me.

Now how cool is that! I'm hitting the streets tomorrow to see if I can pick up any business! Looking for the American dream - wish me luck :usflag:

4. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

just be careful man. dont lose ur poop scoopin biz by shootin a rock thru a BMW window or a storm window. people are "sue crazy" and will try to dig into ur pockets any way possible. especially here in VA....evryone ive met here so far is cheap as Shitttte. thinkin bout movin back north

5. GrassStitcher

GrassStitcher LawnSite Member

FYI - You can buy your Grass Stitcher at any John Deere Landscapes service center, if you don't see them in the store ask them to order some.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I am sure poop scoopin is profitable in this pet-obsessed country.
    I am just not sure I would want to pick up dung for a living.......that seems like a mental obstacle to me.

7. lawn guy 300

lawn guy 300 LawnSite Member

8. adblackett

adblackett LawnSite Member

I got sick of stepping in dog crap at a few of my customer's, so I told him in order for me to continue to service his lawn he would have to pay for my dog waste removal service in addition to the lawn care. I was just testing the waters with it (bluffing) I didn't have a dog waste removal service. He said "How much do you charge?" and I now offer the service, depending on yard it usually only takes me 10 minutes and my shoes stay clean. $60 hour for dog waste removal, I base it completely on the size of yard.

9. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't mind the dog waste work I think you may just have to invest more money in marketing. It does work, you just have to figure out what works best, definitely soon upfront time and money.

There are several companies in my area that are successful cleaning up poop. The best thing about your business is the overhead is very low, other than a vehicle.

10. onebreezer

onebreezer LawnSite Member

how do u price the poop scoop? property sq footage? how often do u visit? do u just scoop and leave or do u do something else while there?