1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Peterbilt perfect landscape truck. Better than new, 26K GVW, 11K easy miles. Leaf b

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Greybeard, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard LawnSite Member

Peterbilt 330 with a 14’ Heil landscape/mason dump. Caterpillar 230 HP with an Eaton Roadranger 6-spd. Model year 2003, bought new by me in July, 04. Driven carefully by one granddad owner-operator. Air brakes, air pto, air locking rear end, air horn, air conditioned and air driver’s seat (the best). Deluxe interior. AM/FM/Weatherband radio. Garaged every night and all winter. Only driven in the yard in winter months, never on road. I’ll include a custom knockdown plywood leaf box that extends the sides 4’ to carry 20 yards of chopped leaves. Optional 16 HP Giant Vac leaf machine fits on hitch and works great.
    Condition: Excellent. One stone blemish on front fender. Composite tilt hood, classic aluminum Pete cab. Waxed with Meguiar’s Classic. Dump floor still has some paint, but no dents. Bridgestone 295/75/22.5 tires. Heavy frame & brakes, etc. All original keys, documents,manuals, CD, etc.

Capabilities: One man can flop the sides and tailgate down to provide a flatbed 4.5 feet off the ground. Easy loading by forklift, small machines or hand. Carries 3 pallets of pavers end-to-end plus sand and tools. Extend the sides 2’ higher with some 2x12 lumber, and it hauls 15+ yards of mulch. Can tow full-size backhoe, but I’ve never pulled anything over 10,000 lbs. It does not require a CDL in most states, including mine.

Extras: Huge Weatherguard box 36x30x24 ($500), Holland 15-ton pintle hitch (never used), 2x2 receiver hitch plus custom extended receiver hitch, digital electric trailer brake controller, Cobra 29 Ltd. Dale Earnhardt CB, Peterbilt slush mats, DOT warning triangles, chock blocks, etc. The rear pintle plate is ½” thick and drilled top to bottom so that hitches can be relocated up and down.

Price: $47,000. Current replacement cost is over $70K, and they come with the new nightmare emission exhaust system.

I have lots more photos if I can get them to post. Please PM with specific questions. Thanks for looking.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice truck! I'm guessing its a 26000 GVW since its under CDL??
  3. Greybeard

Thanks. Yes, it's rated at 26,000, although the front springs are 10,000 and the rears are 20,000 lbs. Peterbilt doesn't make many of them.
  4. MAC LLC

MAC LLC LawnSite Member

BUMP for an immaculate truck ive seen around town, speechless in person
  5. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Beautiful truck, free bump
  6. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

very nice truck. i'm sure somebody can make some money with it.
  7. BlackCloudDiesel

BlackCloudDiesel LawnSite Member

Nice truck, can you take a few pics of the cab?
  8. Greybeard

Thanks, guys. It's a great truck. I wish we had more work for it. BlackCloud - I'll try to get some pix of the cab. It's typical Peterbilt, grey cloth seats, wood-grain dash, etc. MAC LLC - where are you from? Would I know you?
  9. MAC LLC

MAC LLC LawnSite Member

ive seen you (truck) doing leaf cleanups last fall in longmeadow when i used to work for another landscape company, now im on my own and am mostly working in wilbraham
  10. bros3landscape

bros3landscape LawnSite Member

did truck come from dealer as a dump truck , what condition is interior, what state is truck located .