PG 12 Volt Sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BCSteel, Mar 9, 2005.

1. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I was considering putting the 12 sprayer on my shindaiwa rs75 to speed up the process a bit. Has anyone tried the add on sprayer? How does it handle? Hows the spray pattern? Is it worth the $$?

Thanks

2. BCSteel

Theres no one here that has ever used one of these :help:

3. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

we use them. our units are old. they are 3gallon tanks that we have attached to lesco hydro spreaders (lesco old style 3 wheel motorized spreaders)
    PG's new units are only one gallon.
    anyway, no problem with them. follow instructions on charging the batterey and you'll be ok. i beleive the rule is to charge 35 minutes for every 30 minutes of continuous use. if you over charge or under charge the batteries will fail prematurely.

to be honest i have no idea what a shindaiwa rs75 is. but know your ground speed and the rate of the product you use...do some simple math to figure out how much to fill with, you'll be ok

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

What is a shindaiwa rs75? I have use 12 volt sprayers before that ran off of a tractor battery. It performed well using 5 .75 nozzles over 7-8 ft.

5. BCSteel

The shindaiwa rs75 is a walk behind broad cast spreader. Just a basic spreader with a 60lb hopper. Thanks for your input.

6. Chris Burisek

Chris Burisek LawnSite Member

I just bought and installed mine on the LESCO motorized spreader. I bought the 2 gallon one. I have not used it yet but look forward to it. And look forward to not having to drag my hose from the LESCO 200 gallon sprayer.

7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I can't seem to find that sprayer on their website!?! How much did it cost you??

8. BCSteel

9. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

What's the cost????

10. BCSteel

I think they quoted me $425 for the 2 gallon kit.