PG drop in sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Jason Rose, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Saw the picture of it on the wrap from the L&L magazine today... There's nothing about it on their site other than the little 1 gallon model that hangs on the side of the spreader.

This one appeared to be ground driven? looked like there was a wheel that maybe pumped the fluid? The picture was was kinda a drawing I guess, so a little hard to tell. Anyone have any sort of additional info on the unit? could it be adapted to be used in a HPS spreader?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i bet it could

3. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

This was on display at GIE last week. It is ground driven and is designed to mimic the PG Magnum spray pattern (concentrated droplets). The spray width is 6 ft when pushed at normal spreading speed but would obviously be less when pushed slower since it is tied directly to wheel speed. The virtue is simplicity, no electrical coonections. Cost is $349. Adapts to most any spreader.

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No, it's smaller. It only takes a portion of the tank (off to the side on the inside), and supposedly, this one doesn't operate off an electric motor. It is ground driven. Also, there is no front boom..it sprays from the back.

6. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone use those? If so are there any pics of them?

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure if it is available yet. I don't know....maybe it WAS the 12v spreader on the magazine...just hanging on the inside. One of us should call them, I guess.... :)

8. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

No one uses this yet as PG was only demoing the unit at GIE. Correction to one of the posts - it sprays from the front. The single spray tip mounts below the hopper on the frame. It's simple and cheap and has a use if it is reliable.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh it DOES spray from the front, huh? It looked like it was in the back...my mistake. :)

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

LOL, sprays to the back? wow, that would be a little awkward... Better wear some good boots and rain pants for that kinda rig.

There is a better picture of in inside of lawn and landscape mag.

I thought it would be kinda neat, but I'm not much a one for PUSH spreading much of anything... I think my preference is leaning towards a permagreen. I've thought seriously about the lesco HPS but I really want the spraying capabilitys more than anything.