PG Mag Platter

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 2, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I need to order a new spread platter for my 08 Mag. (the one out there now is out of round and bangs around while spinning). How hard is it to replace these? Any advice?

2. plc87

plc87 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I'm not extremely mechanically inclined and I did it fairly easy. If I remember right they send step by step instructions on how to change it. May want to ask them to send instructions or email them for them if you already ordered. Ask for John (I think that is his name) he is their guy that knows everything about them.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

No personal experience with Magnum. In theory, you could remove the "bowtie agitator", loosen the bolts that hold the hopper; lift it up 2 inches and the platter and shaft will drop out; drive out the roll pin and replace the platter.
    Wax the new one to reduce sticking. Clean and lube everything that has been exposed. reassemble.
    Let us know how it goes. Get photos.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

And...take a careful look at the top bearing or bushing or whatever retains the top of the platter shaft. If that bearing is damaged that may be the real source of the irregular spin.

5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

It is really easy, shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

LBI sounds like you have done it b/f. How do you get the old platter off?