1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PG Magnum coverage

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by J Hisch, Apr 17, 2006.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

How much are you guys getting out of your 12 gal. tank with high gear nozzles? Also please tell me how you can get 53,000 out of it. I just cant seem to figure it out..

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

First, check top rpms. It should be 3450 or a little more. That will give you the 5 mph or more that you need. Use a GPS to check your speed. To increase your coverage use the low speed nozzle at high speed. I never use low gear. I use a smaller nozzle to increase my coverage even more. Smaller nozzles can produce more drift.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The answer is - y0u can't. You have to be realistic. Here is what was suggested to me, I did, and I'm glad I did it. This will affect all your mixing rates and coverage estimates. Take you machine out somewhere where there is a large wide open parking lot. Run straight water in it, and do a border around a designated area that is the size you need. (I recommend pacing out half the size you need, and doing the area twice). Anyway, do your border, and then cover your area, watching where your overlap is. THIS will give you a tue indication of how much REAL are you can cover. You can even do this a couple of times to be accurate. Anyway, you will see tat the ACTUAL coverage area is not the same as what is printed. It will be relatively close, but off by about 2000. I hope this helps.