PG manual

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scottt, Jan 17, 2004.

1. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a PG and was wondering if anyone can scan and post the section of the owner's manual that lists what chemicals are labeled for use in the PG. Also, who uses liqiud pre-emergent in this machine. Our local conditions would make it much easier to use a liquid.

2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Scott,
    The Perma Green Spreader Sprayer comes with RED turbo turf jet nozzles which produce a coarse droplet size....Fine for broadleaf herbicides but not good for fungicides and pre-emergence herbicides because of poor coverage..

If you put on The BROWN Turbo Tee Jet #TT11005VP it will spray a fine droplet size and give good coverage for pre-m as well as fungicides and goose repellent like flight control plus.
    With the Turbo Tee Jet nozzle you will only be spraying about 7' wide vs.9' with the turf jet. I use the above nozzles with good results.

Nozzle Web Site: HTTP://www.TeeJet.com..........click on products

As far as what chemicals are listed for use in the PG you can spray any as long as the product you are using has an application rate Low Volume (32oz. Per 1000 Sq.Ft.) on the product label.

Check labels out at: HTTP://www.cdms.net..........click on labels and msds.

Enjoy the PG!

Pete D.

3. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

heritage,
    Thanks for the link. That's exactly what I was looking for, just didn't know you could find it on the web. What pre-emergent are you using? Anyone else get good results with liquid pre in this machine?

4. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Scott, I have 2 pg's The ultra and the centri, I love them and hate them at the same time, If I was starting out I m not sure I would send them my 5k.....THe zspray seem a little better thought out (more money) but I think it might be worth it. I could fill this board 3xs with complaints about the pg

5. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

I use both liquid and granular Pre-emergent in mine depending on how large the area. I save a little more money when I do liqiud apps. but it is a lot more convienent to apply granular. I love mine...I won't even bid a lawn if I can't get it in there. The only thing I don't like about the PG is the tank capacity verses sq.ft. covered. Oh....I have never had a problem with inadequate cover applying liquid pre-emergent in my PG. Always have great results. Good luck!