1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PG owners_RE:engines

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassguy_, Feb 18, 2008.

1. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Was wondering how many of you PG owners use a 4-cycle oil with your gas? I know the engine manufacturers say it will extend the engines life but not aware that PG has recommended it with the units. What your thoughts?
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I knew nothing about this. I have the Robin engine on an Ultra SE.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

WITH the gas? WTF.

No, but I have a quart of used left over snowblower 40:1 two cycle gas in mine--no problem.
  4. grassguy_

from Ohio

LOL i know i said the same thing when i was reading a Kaw engine manual recommending 4-cycle oil. It has to be just a crankcase oil i would assume and not a mix, but the crankcase oils i've seen for the Kaw's are all 10w-30 or 10w-40. Was wondering if anyone was using this 4 cycle lube or not! The Kaw's are replacements for the Robin's engines that we used to have on the units.
  5. grassguy_

from Ohio

I guess the 4 cycle oil is basically the same as the automotive grade oils (10w-30, etc) so has to be for crankcase. When i saw the small bottles being advertised i was beginning to think it might have been an additive (mix) oil. Has anyone else used the 4 cycle blends? Just wondering if they are formulated differently for the small engines or what?
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We use 87 octane (no ethynol). We run full synthetic 10W-30 motor oil. So far so good.
  7. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

same here. with Honda engine.