pg synergy tank kit

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by voglernut, Mar 23, 2008.

1. voglernut

voglernut LawnSite Member

has anyone used the permagreen synergy tank kit that fits in a spreader. i'm not financially able to purchase the ride-on right now so i'm looking at alternatives. i have mainly 8,000 - 10,000 sf yards. i'm hoping to stay away from the backpack but i'll use it if i have to. what's your suggestions and i do have my applicators license.

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I Have it. It is ok to start out with. Once you get a few days worth of lawns, walking starts to get real old though. (Altthough its not much different than if you are doing all granular)

Also, you will need to bring a tank of weed killer with you, because you need to refill it every 16,000 sq. ft. I have a 35 gallon poly tank in my truck that I use to refill my synergy with.

So far it has been doing a good job. You can use any herbicide in it that you can use in a permagreen.

3. SchlepRock

SchlepRock LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

The extra weight put the hurts on my back. I sold it and got a PG. You'll never regret getting one of those. As far as the money, don't sweat it at all. It will save you tons of time and that is well worth it!

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Do your fert with a spreader. Do your weed killer with a backpack sprayer--works fine and is probably quicker. Motorized back pack is really nice. Don't bend over to tie your shoes.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Do your fert with a spreader. Do your weed killer with a backpack sprayer--works fine and is probably quicker. Motorized back pack is really nice. Don't bend over to tie your shoes.

6. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I don't understand how the backpack sprayer would be quicker. With the synergy you are spraying at the same time you are applying fert. The only additional time it takes is to fill the tank.

With a backpack sprayer, you are doing the work twice.

7. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

That's so true. Ahhh,... the memories...Good times....Good times.