1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PG tinkering

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Oct 24, 2007.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't it be great if the valves for the weed control were up on top of the tank on the Permagreen Ultra like they are on the Magnum? The low valves are sooo hard to reach on the Ultra--rather dangerous if you don't stop the machine. I have had a few close calls driving with one hand and looking down to shut off one side so i could spray a narrow area with flowers on both sides. I moved the throttle lever to the left side so my right hand is free--but still it is difficult. Has anybody managed to move the three-way shut off valves to the top, or part way up, so the valve could be changed on the fly?

Also, I am thinking--I never use the red nozzles. I need trim nozzles. So why not adjust the red nozzles to the center so that--like on the Magnum--they sprayed only the width of the tires?

The Ultra needs a third nozzle or a short "trim boom" so I could get up close to flowers and cover edges fully with a sharp line.

Anybody try this--got pictures? How did it work?
  2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Nope -- but the 'trim feature" on the new prototype will solve this problem.:)