1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PG ultra help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Jul 24, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Any Ideas to why my ultra has become such a slow poke?
    My centri blows it away,

What are the RPm's in high gear wide open? Mine struggles to get over 3,000, I adjusted the idle but it just makes the rpm faster at idle not at full speed.
  2. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

James, I didn't have mine long but I do remember that the RPM's at full throttle were significantly more than 3000. Idle RPM was around 1960. Hope this helps some.
  3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

yeah, our ultras are around 3400 full throttle (i pretty sure)
    when we had the centris i think they were around 3600

i know there is a way to adust but i'm not sure how? You should give them a call
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

The book says @35-3600 James.

One thing I've noticed on mine, is when you're spraying, the tach jumps up to 4500+. The pump must interfere.

Usually, wide open I'm high 3300 to 3500.
  5. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

e-mail me with your mailing address or fax number.
    If the ultra is similar to the centri I may have your answer.
    There is a plate that can be adjusted that will improve idle and operating speed.
    It's easier to send a picture than try to explain here.
  6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

PP is right, we've had to adjust the plate on out centris to get the RPM's in the right range. I haven't had to do it to our Ultra but imagine its similar. You know you can give me a buzz or email if you need some help.