PG Users

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by philk17088, Feb 14, 2005.

1. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm thinking about PG'S carry rack for a receiver hitch. Anybody using them?
    Pros? Cons?
  2. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

You can have one made cheaper than you can purchase from PG....

I had mine made for 250.00 that was two years ago.
  3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

we had a problem of the racks hitting bottom on bumpy roads.

That was when we were using flat bed chevy trucks and the recievers were fairly close to the ground to begin with, may not be a problem with all trucks.

I think we paid $450 several years ago (and I'm not sure if that price included shipping cost, i doubt it?). As suggested you could probably have a local fabricator make one for less.
  4. Ohio ProTurf

Ohio ProTurf LawnSite Member

I agree with can probably have one made cheaper, and get a higher quality product. We had a local welding/fabrication shop make a custom carrier for us last season. I think we had $500.00 in it, but it was a far superior product than what was being offered by PermaGreen.
  5. philk17088

Thats what I'm thinking.
    Any pics or diagrams out there?
    I'm really tired of dragging the 4x8 trailer around.
  6. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Too high , too flimsey, after pricing thiers , we built a much sturdier one for 200.00
  7. philk17088

Another question. Are they street legal everywhere? ;)
  8. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Fed DOT laws say Yes, they are legal everywhere. (now whether a local municipality or state can step on Fed DOT law, I aint sure, but I doubt it)

I believe the law is 4 feet. any attachment to a vehicle that extends beyond the 4' will need to be registered which means proper lights etc.

To avoid any possible police hassles I would recommend working lights (brake/directional) and for your own saftey.

We have never been stopped by the law...but we have had near misses with cars behind us not being able to see our brake/directional lights. For a few bucks we added lights.
  9. philk17088

Thanks for the help. :waving:
  10. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

can any of you guys that had one made post a picture?