Pgh Stone 2010 Outdoor fireplaces

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Pittsburgh Stone83, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Pittsburgh Stone83

Pittsburgh Stone83 LawnSite Member

We actually use 3/8 thick steel angle for the wood boxes and firebox. Business is going well. Landscape end could be better, but my hardscape crew is booked into Sept.

2. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

How long did it take you to put that together. What did they charge you for the kit?

3. Pittsburgh Stone83

It took us 2.5 days, and there was no kit. We build all of components from scratch.

4. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Impressive... I also was thinking kit.

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Nice work. Unilock has one thats around 10 grand that they just drop and cambridge has a kit around 5 or 6. I just assumed it was a kit, it looks just like them. Where do you get the SS insert. Is that something that is pre-made that you have to build around or do you get a custom one to go with your design?

6. Pittsburgh Stone83

I am familiar with Unilock's Mod units. There's more profit in it for me to build them from scratch. As far as the insert, it's a stainless unit from Lennox. I like the Majestic line better but they were discontinued.

7. Pittsburgh Stone83

We use the same coping adhesive you would use for capping your retaining wall units. It works really well.

8. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

the curve above the box looks out of place, doesn,t flow and there is better ways to do it.

9. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the Keystone and the curve. Other ways to do it... Self supporting brick arch?? Rolled angle lintel???

10. DLC0806

DLC0806 LawnSite Member

Awsome!! showing pittsburgh sum love!

i did a omni stone driveway last year.. must be in our blood up here!
    i watch the guys on rock solid build those fireplaces.. and out door kitchen.. love em!