1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PGP Ultra vs RB 5004

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jabbo, Jul 9, 2012.

1. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

Yea some people just blow stuff way out of proportion...

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

that would mean about 20 nozzles for each PGP head. Since the PGP Ultra uses the I-20 nozzles, they get the same nozzle tree.
  3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

There is a right and wrong way to test performance. You either do it right or don't do it at all. But then, it is of no surprise that you don't understand this simple fact Pete.
  4. Performance can be tested without going to some anal retentive nth degree by a layman to satisfy his accurate and actionable needs. Performance isn't the sole criteria for choosing a product anyway. Right or wrong on this forum isn't determined by a noisy outlier.

My guess Jabbo is you will find they both perform well and both can do the job. Ease of adjustment, durability, and price will tip the scale one way or the other depending on the value a person places on each factor.
  5. I like the 5000 tree setup. The LAs don't need to be in every nozzle size of the standards. Just the sizes of what gets used a great portion of the time.
  6. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

And I agree with you 100%. I'm just meesing around with them really. I really like the Ultra but just wanted to see the 5004 in action so I bought one. Didn't know I was going to start a 4 page war!!! Seems like thats happening alot these days on this site and not just in the irrigation forum either!!!:rolleyes: Thanks for the info Pete.

7. Change your settings and it becomes a one page discussion. Difference of opinions abound here. As Mike has said we are making water work. I drive by hay and alfalfa fields every day. Some use center pivots and several types of those are out there. Some use flood. Some use nothing and pray they get at least one cutting. Nothing wrong with opinions even to the extreme. It's the right or wrong declarations and arrogance that start the wars.
  8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Actually it can't, that is why we have standards. Go ahead and use boots if its wet method of testing performance, don't give a rats ass if you want to wallow in the swill with the amateurs and hacks.

Who said it was? Certainly I didn't .... did someone else?

Be sure you keep that in mind retiree.

Hmmmmmm, this is the type of shiit that starts wars you tool! But keep on with your petty childish bullshiit, it fits your character.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  9. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

Ah yes, I was on the farm also back in the day. We had bunches of pivots(stationary and towable) and hard hoses with guns. Not fun laying 90' joints of 6" irrigation pipe through 8' tall corn after you just put 2" of water on it when the temp is around 95 degrees. Farm irrigation is on alot bigger scale no doubt. Usually 6"-8" pipe in the ground to the pivots with HUGE thrust blocks at the "Z" pipe and the riser and at every turn. That was the days...

10. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Found an interesting PGP/5000 hybrid the other day. It was a couple of PGP's with 5000 nozzles installed in them. I was surprised at how well they covered close in due to all of the leakage around the nozzle.