PGP Ultra ?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lawns Etc, Jun 23, 2010.

1. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

My question is my local dist. Central is trying to get me switched to the Ultras I normally use PGPs and aside from a leaker here and there I have had great luck with them Cost is only 1 more per head. I was going to go) 5000 but this year I replaced more than I would like to see in less than 5 year old heads
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on your water supply. The unltra uses I-20 nozzles and the assortment dosnt go as low as reg pgp nozzles do.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Only a dollar more, which they try to extort from the contractors by placing PGPs in Home Depot stores. :realmad:

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

home depot, lowes, wall-mart. what's next harbor freight?

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Rite-aid drug stores no doubt

6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I've used several cases of I20 and most homes are on wells here with not great pressure and or flow the PGP can work on a bit less of both. The I20 I can only get 3to 4 heads on a Zone with the PGP I can cover a lot more area with 6 or 7 and still be safe. I just haven't used the PGP ultra yet I do like the I nozzles. I liked the RB5000 but as said above I have replaced cases of them this year that were leaking seals on the 1st ones from 4-5 yrs ago.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Apparently some like paying extra so Home Depot can get the repair business. :rolleyes:

8. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

I have yet to see them in my local HS stores...If the HO can pay more and install quick, they are saving $$...Might be 2X what a installer pays but installers will up-sell from 65 to $75 per head installed.