PGP Ultra

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Jul 3, 2011.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys think of the PGP Ultra? What kind of improvement is it over a regular PGP and how do they perform in the field?

Also,how does it compare to the Rainbird 5000 series? Which would you choose for lower pressure systems?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Why not just the ordinary PGP?

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

5000 fan myself. Not much difference though; both good heads.

4. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I figure the ultra may be an improvement but I do not know,thats why I am asking.

5. Beautiful day but the fishing sux. Ultra has la nozzles on its tree plus has a shut off. Still id take the 5000 sam prs over it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I-20 ultra 6" stainless...5000/5500 6" stainless: I-20 for long throw, RB for medium throw, both great heads. :clapping:

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Always kind of an irrelevant question for the DIY crowd, as they will have little problem replacing failed heads of whatever make and model.

8. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I am pretty sure the ultra does not have a shut off. I think the only difference is it takes the I 20 nozzles and it will do a true 360 when adjusted all the way.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. I must be thinking !-20. haven't seen an ultra in awhile.

10. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

Did'nt notice anything better than a pgp adj. If you switch, remember the ultra nozzles and adj nozzles are not interchangeable. I'm using pgp adj's only, and may switch to rainbirds soon......