1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

PGP Ultra

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Jul 3, 2011.

1. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

We have 15 pgp ultra sams, 5 pgp's , 2 pgh's. and 20 rain birds 5000+ in our serivce trucks at any given week.

I haven't touched the pgp's in like 8 months

2. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I have standard pgp's on my front property(3 zones and 12 heads) that I installed about 3 years ago. Not one has failed yet. I am going to add 4 zones to my back yard this summer and was thinking about trying the Rainbird 5004-PLPC-SAM-A-MATIC . I have heard so many people rave about their "rain curtain" nozzels and overall performance. I am just torn and wanted opinions of the guys that use them every day.

I should make this very easy and just go with what has worked for me. If I did that,then,the question becomes,"standard pgp's" or " ultras" ? :hammerhead:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

plain old PGP heads are fine

4. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

We need another product tester/guinea pig around here, so install the RB 5000 and let us know how they fare against the PGP.
    Personally I prefer the 5000 over the PGP and Ultra.

5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I see the g- series last longer then the plain ol pgp's

6. Wet_Boots

I still have some P-series in the ground. None of the original Series 075, though

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I might do some testing on spray type nozzles this summer if time permits it, but not rotors.

8. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget to test these ones too....

[​IMG]

9. A buck 87! That is a far better nozzle than any old plastic. looks like it fits RB threads as well.

10. Wet_Boots

look away from the brass nozzle - it was made by slave labor :nono: