PGR's in a pump sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FERT-TEK, Apr 1, 2005.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

It's that time of year again when we talk about the benefits of PGR's. Last year I experimented on my lawn with Proxy in my Permagreen with mixed results. This was mostly caused by water carrier issues. This year I am trying Andersons (Scotts) product called Turf Enhancer to see if it might work better. It is a granular product that can obviously be used in a Permagreen.

My question is have any of you successfully used a liquid PGR (Proxy or Primo) in a pump sprayer. I have both, backpack and 2 1/2 gal hand sprayers to use for this. I want to use it around fence lines and tree rings etc. to cut down on trimming. If you have had success using a PGR for this type of application, do you remember how much product per gallon worked best? Which did you use? Would you do it again?

2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I searched a couple of days ago on here and I think someone said not to use it in a backpack sprayer. I'll try to find the thread for ya.

3. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

4. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Dave, Proxy isn't labelled for home lawns. With that said, I have had decent results with PGRs out of a BP sprayer.

5. FERT-TEK

Thanks Chimmeygew, i read it and most of that thread discussed using it on bushes and groundcovers. One of the replies said that they successfully used Proxy in a pump sprayer at 3.5 oz./gal which seems kind of high.

6. FERT-TEK

Thanks Williams, I only used it on my home lawn. I read a lot about it here and wanted to see what this stuff was all about. I dont remeber reading that on the label but will take your word for it. Thanks for the heads up. Probably wouldn't use it on other lawns though, because of its cost.
    Williams, in your reply you stated that you did use it in a backpack sprayer with success. Do you remember what the dilution was. I do not have a lable handy right now. Going to visit Proxy's website when I get a chance though. Thanks again

7. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Dave,
    Please, don't take my word for anything! Lol ... always check it out for yourself.

The PGR in question that we used was Atrimmec, which is for ornamentals. The rate varied depending on which plant type you were treating. This year, I'll be using Primo Maxx on several lawns. I'll be happy to report what I find.

Almost forgot ... we also used Embark, with limited success. That's Embark 2S, not the T&O one. (2S is still labelled for T&O)