ph 3.7 to 4.5, what to do

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JML, May 7, 2003.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, we just picked up a condo complex last week that fired there current contractor. They are like 3/4 million dollar condos and the grass/landscape is HORRIBLE. I did a soil test and the average ph came up like 3.7 to 5.0 depending on the area. What would you guy recommend to get the ph up. They don't care what it costs at this point they just wants the grounds to start looking better. I read in previous posts, not to apply more than 50lbs per 1000 sq. ft. I guess this will take some time to correct the soil?? Thanks

joe

2. hboyd_com

hboyd_com LawnSite Member
    from PA

3. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

put fifty pounds in and wait 4 to6 weeks at put another fifty(or what ever soil test calls for) the problem with putting in more than fifty at a time, is not over dosage but the ground cant absorb that much that quick.. we use this method alot with great success.

4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

What kind of condition is the lawn in? Would it be fiesable to rip up the whole lawn and till in a couple tons of lime? Start from scratch.

5. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

This is a 12 acre complex, as much as I would love to do that, I don't think they would want to do that...

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

What was the Calcium levels? Low, normal, or high?

7. soil test should have recommended calacitic or dolimitic lime. Don't apply more than 50 lbs per 1000 and wait another 3-4 months before applying any more if additional amount needed.

I assumed you did a soil test, not using a ph meter!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ALL ABOUT BASE SATURATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!