1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Phasing out residential...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Mar 28, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Well this year is shaping up to be the year we can stop taking on residentials...it looks. We will keep several of the ones we have but have asked a few to find a new LCO..in this tight market I do belive we have found our target customers with commercial accounts....it seems here that most start ups dont have the needed insurance..or knowledge to deal with commercial accounts..it feels good to know you have found your market finally over the years of doing lawns you would prefer to pass on!
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Like most LCO's, I started out with 100% residential. Now I'm 75% commercial. I'll only take on a residential if I really like the property and the owner. I wished that I had pursued commercial properties right away!
  3. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Bob...I am glad to hear about your success..this year started out slow on contracts being returned but now with about 1-2 weeks before we mow the commercial buisness is really coming in.

[Edited by eggy on 03-28-2001 at 11:16 PM]