Phazer 100% commercial or not???

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by S man, Jul 6, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I was wondering if the phazer is 100 percent commercial and worth getting over a 32-36" w/b. My dealer says the pumps on it are homeowner grade and not commercial? Need advice on what's true about this mower??

2. S man

Bump anyone?

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

The eXmark Phazer, Toro z300 34/40, Hustler Mini Z 36/42, Hustler TrimStar Hydros et. al. all use the same ZT2800 transaxles and all are sold as true commercial units.

I have a 44" Phazer (approaching 100hrs) and so far so good. The ZT2800's are extremely whiny in operation but are surprisingly responsive (though traditional separate pumps and motors are more so).

Time will tell.

4. S man

Thanks, I'm deciding if it's the mower for me.

5. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using my Phazer for 2 years now. Haven't had any problems...seems to be a little workhorse. I did keep my older Ex-Mark Metro walk behind for a backup.

6. javabuddha

javabuddha LawnSite Member

7. Ironic

Ironic LawnSite Senior Member

as a mechanic, I can't stand the Phazer, and neither can most of the guys who use it around here.
    we've got a whole slew of Lazer Zs, and seem to break even those a lot.
    before our new Phazer had 20 hours on it, I'd gone out to the field to repair it 4 times, and it's been back to the delaer twice already. mostly throwing belts, traction control linkage problems, and the finally it just shut down and wouldn't start up again. it has just over 50 hours on it, and it's sitting at the dealer again.

8. S man

Well I've decided and now have one. I have had it for a week or more and have used it once, I didn't want to put it through all the wet grass. I will get some pics soon.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Any pics???

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic