1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Phazer belts coming off

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by goodgreen, Aug 6, 2007.

1. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned a Phzer 34" for over a year and I've had problems with the belt coming off. Took it back to the dealer and they supposedly fixed it, but now it has started all over again. Other LCO's here have said its a known issue and there is a free upgrade kit to fix it. Can you confirm that? Why did the dealer not know that the first time around?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

What is the serial number on your Phazer 34? We ran into a handful of Phazer 34" units that were having the same issues you are experiencing, and have developed an update kit to fix the problem. I should be able to tell you if your mower needs the update kit once I have the SN.

3. Turfman999

Turfman999 LawnSite Member

Don't feel bad, mine has been doing it for over a year. If you engauge the clutch at 3/4 RPM it will be less likely to fall off. I am an expert at the quick belt fix. I can pull out the tools, remove the left guard,remove the idler pulley, put the belt back on, tighten the pulley, pop the spring back on and reinstall the guard in less than 5 minutes. It's a shame that for $4,695 you should half to do this. I wouldn't want Exmark or the dealer to notify you of this problem!!!!!!!!
  4. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

The ExMark reps suggestion to ask for the update kit worked great! Free fix and have not had any issues since dealer installed.