Phazer Motion Adjustment Help

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by faststandard, May 12, 2007.

1. faststandard

faststandard LawnSite Member

My new Phazer seems to pull slightly to the left with both control levers pushed fully forward. Is there an adjustment to the control rods that can be performed to correct for this problem?

Should the left control rod be adjusted longer or shorter?

Please let me know.

2. shayes2953

shayes2953 LawnSite Member

I have an ExMark Phazer and mine does the same thing. Any answers?????
  3. faststandard

It's somewhat comforting to note that my problem is not an isolated one. I should have added that I have double checked the tire pressures - spot on at 13psi per the owner/operator manual.
  4. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

That can be corrected. I have just asked my dealer to do it and he takes care of it for me.
  5. blewis3412

blewis3412 LawnSite Member

Thats funny, mine does the exact same thing. Guess I will have to take it in.
  6. faststandard

Any of you Exmark reps care to offer any guidance or suggestions?
  7. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

If you need to adjust ‘full stick’ tracking, that’s pretty easy. If it’s pulling to the left, then we need to adjust the RH drive lever stop back slightly until it tracks straight. Keep in mind that it will probably take some work to get it tracking perfectly straight, there are just so many variables (drive tires, linkages, motion control cut-outs, and the hydraulics themselves). We do our best to take the biggest factor out, the tires, we match their circumference as they come out of the factory, but they can (will) vary after some time in the field.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us again.

8. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

i can also confirm that there are diff. in circumference's in tires. on my lazer i have a 1/2" diff. between the two rear tires i adjust the stagger w/ air pressure.. works for me...