Phazer Mulching issue

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Scott S., Jun 20, 2007.

1. Scott S.

Scott S. LawnSite Member

Late last year I purchased a Phazer for my yard. Since I like a well manicured look and don't like the grass clippings thrown up in my mulch beds so I decided to go with the mulching kit on it. Overall it does an better job than my Hustler did, but I'm starting to notice it is consistently getting worse at dispersing the grass. Last night's cut was a disaster and was ready to sell the darn thing on the spot.

I have mostly blue grass in my yard and I try to cut it at 3.5". We have had moderate drought conditions in Indiana so the grass wasn't very long or wet. I varied my cutting speeds and it still isn't dispersing the grass. When I go up to the clumps of grass you can see it has been mulched pretty good. So what is the issue and can this be resolved before I get frustrated and sell this thing?
  2. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

Check the condition of your blades, and the cleanliness of your deck, You may have to try a different style of blade at this time and these conditions. Exmark offers four or five different styles for the Phazer. Sometimes the wavy mulch blades do not work well, and another style will. Good luck!