Phazer price Question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by SuperZZZ, Mar 31, 2006.

1. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

Hey all just wondering in my area southeast michigan a phazer 34''rider goes for about$ 4,800.Guy at one place wants to sell me a 34''Gravely rider.Was wondering if the exmark dealer would sell the exmark for same $4,300 or just about?Rather go with the exmark.Also would be putting $2,500 down payment too.Thanks all

2. Larry1

Larry1 LawnSite Member

Gravely is a real nice machine and it has a following in some parts. But for overall quality and value (you have to think resale value here) eXmark is king. I can't imagine dealers in my area going that low to compete with a Gravely under any circumstance (lets face it, they don't have to).

3. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Regardless of brand X or Gravely, if the dealer wants to sell the equipment, they should be willing to "Deal" with you.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

From the info. I just got in the mail, it looks like the Gravely is a much better built machine for commercial work, and it has better pricing. The Exmark uses homeowner-style transmissions, while the Gravely has true,commercial transmissions with separate wheel motors and pumps.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

So, then.. why the 1000 hour warranty limitation? And the IZT transmission is not the "homeowner" model. The Phazer units come with a complete 2 year commercial warranty.. no hour limit included.

6. Mowingman

from Texas

Gravely knows you will never need the warranty as those pumps and motors are so good. Exmark knows the built-in weakness of the IZT when used for commercial purposes, and knows that there needs to be lots of warranty available to the buyer.

7. Larry1

Larry1 LawnSite Member

Did that make sense to anyone? If the machine isn't going to break down don't give it a good warranty and vise versa? That's not real good business sense. Warranty is usually a real good way of assessing quality if you have no other information.

I saw the combined motor thing too and was a little surprised as well. However, just because the configuration doesn't appears commercial doesn't mean it's not commercial grade. Anyone know anything particular about this trany? Brian, why was it chosen? It was sure to raise eyebrows.

8. Kilroy

Kilroy LawnSite Member
    from KY

I'm guessing you're joking? A company that believes it manufactures a quality product and has faith in that product offers a warranty that reflects the faith they have in their product. The choice is between an EXMARK , I repeat, an EXMARK with a 2 year warranty vs something else with a 1,000 hour limited warranty. Seems like an easy decision to make. Good luck with it!

9. Mowingman

from Texas

Larry,
    That was a joke, at least partially. The choice of the all-in-one trans. system, is based on cost. The IZT is inferior to the heavy duty, individual pump and wheel motor system, thus it costs less, thus the manufacturer can make more profit/unit. Simple as that.

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I don't go for something being "so good" it didn't need the waranty that long. If you buy something commercial it should come with a commercial warranty period.