Phazer vs Lazer CT

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by bucknut, Nov 13, 2005.

1. bucknut

bucknut LawnSite Member

I am strongly considering purchasing the Lazer CT 48". I recently learned of the new Phazer. When will it be available at dealerships and what will the price be for a 44"? What are the major differences between the two models. Is the CT heavier gauge construction? What is the trim size on the two models? Any assistance would be appreciated to help me make my purchase decision.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hi Bucknut,
    The Phazer should be out by spring and the price for a 44" 19 hp Kaw. should be in a range between $5100-$5400. The Phazer was designed to get you in gated properties and still have the effeciency of a rider mower.
    The Lazer Z CT offers the owner the performance of a commercial zero turn in a compact package.
    Both models have 7 gauge side skirts and 10 gauge top that is formed and continuously seam welded.
    I don't have any exact info on the trim side, but I would think 2-3 inches on both the CT and Phazer.
    Thanks, Brian

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Brian, Would you happen to know the width of the 34" Phazer? I have a problem and that is I'm looking for a new mower to replace a 4 year old Metro I was looking at a TTHP with a 36" deck for my gated property's but, with all of the new "compact" riders I've started to look at those and for some time I've been thinking hard about a Wright Sentar Sport but, I really like eXmark and would like to stay red. Sorry for straying from my original question about the width but, I need to know 2 measurements if possible #1 deflector up and #2 tire to tire (outside tire 2 tire).

Thanks
    Rob

4. bucknut

bucknut LawnSite Member

Brian, The price for the 44" Phazer is nearly the same as the 48" Lazer CT. I will be purchasing strictly for my own residence (1.5 acres). Which unit do you recomend? Do you feel the 18 HP Briggs engine on the 48" CT is enough power? Thank you for your assistance!

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Rob, you can find all specs for the Phazers here http://www.exmark.com/phazerspecs.htm

I would estimate the deflector to be 9" to 10" of the length.. so subtract that to find your deflector up measurement. I don't understand why they don't provide this better information online.

6. eXmark

Hi Rob,
    I need to explain better that this unit was designed to fit through a 36" gate.
    Outside tire to tire width 34.5"
    Deflector up 35" width.
    Thanks, Brian

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Newz & Brian thanks guys you gave me what I was looking for.

Thanks again guys

Rob

8. eXmark

Hi Bucknut,
    The CT stands for crossover type, a Lazer Z designed for acerage owners. It will have enough HP for mowing your residence. If your a commercial mower I would try to steer you to a different product.
    Thanks, Brian

9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

So the Phazer has the Hydro-gear unitized hydro's??? What was your reasoning for this??? I think I'll have to go with a Gravely PM 34Z. I like Gravely's two pump and two wheel motor set-up.

10. eXmark

Good morning EJK2352,

The new alternative technology of the Intergrated Hydro drive system provides advantages to pump/motor packages.

-Complete system package-limited connection points, no system plumbing
    -Piston pump and piston motor for higher overall effeciency
    -Uniform cooling of both pump and motor with mechanical cooling fans
    -Intergrated braking system

I know this sounds like a lot of engineering jargon, but it boils down to the fact that the engineers felt like the New Technology of the Interg. Hydro Drive system will work on the Phazer machines. Demo one, see what you think.

Thanks, Brian