1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

phil what's his name...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard2, Jul 8, 2000.

1. richard2

richard2 Banned

where is that nelson guy he hasn't posted for ever...is he related to willie nelson?
  2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, I think he got pissed off cause everyone was bashing him when he was trying to raise money for chuck. Theres a picture of him at his page on turfquip, he doesn't look to much like willie!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
  3. He is on hiatus for a while while attending a twelve step workshop on multiple personality disorder.<p>He needs to get past the issues he has with<br>his Mr. Hyde personality A-1.
  4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

That was a good one Lawrence lol. Needed a laugh this morning. But thats not far from the truth either. I think he did say he needed a vacation. And most of us agree he did. And he changed his personality all the time. Good guy one minute/bad guy the next. A-1 another minute lol. Screaming at us for no reason..... But that is what happens in a forum nothing personal
  5. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an idea. While nilsson is on vacation or wherever, we should all quietly send the support to Chuck that phil was hollering about. Maybe he'll get the message that we don't need to be shamed into action and that we don't need him to do it.<br>What do you think?<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Even if we can't afford to send him on a regular cruise, they have a new one here in Florida. It just goes out for the evening and it is just a giant floating titty bar.
  7. WorkForce Intl

WorkForce Intl LawnSite Member

Phil is alive and well. He and I are currently debating Super Profits vs. Possibly Less Profits, Possibly Better Industry. <p><br>Elisama
  8. Nilsson Associates

Nilsson Associates LawnSite Member

No .. I haven't been posting here and don't intend to. The site wouldn't support the host with the trip that everybody thought was a good idea, so why should I waste my time any further, supporting the site? I'm not angry about it. It proves that the site is what the site does. Mostly talk and no action. Mostly takers, few givers.
  9. richard2

richard2 Banned

well, are you related to willie nilsson? pretty crazy story about that white house roof thing, huh?
  10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Phil,<p>I joined the site during this project, and to be honest I saw it a few times and forgot about it. I like the idea you have and understand the concept, but do you actually believe 900+ people are going to participate? Surely you are much smarter than that! You say &quot;everybody&quot;, but everybody would have been 900+ people, I didn't see that many replies. As with most every effort or organization, there are many, but only a few do the work. Look at most any church, mine has 2000+ members, average attendance = 680-700, average visitation =25-30. Look at unions, PTA's, fund raisers, and so on, same story a few working and doing for the majority. I'm not saying it's right, that the way people are.<p>I did a search on &quot;cruise&quot; after seeing the above comment a read the post while at the fire station. To be honest, somewhere around June 8th, only 4 days into this it looks like you snapped! You made 2 post within 20 minutes using fairly harsh language, it seemed to go down from there. The link to that thread is here for others to view: http://www.lawnsite.com/cgi-bin/bigtalker/discussion.cgi?forum=1&discussion=1804.<p>On June 12th you posted a post with the title: Ed Wagner - Turfquip.com is Cheap? Not sure what your motivation was here but from what I read you were asking for $3.50, he pledged $7.00 and you publicly bashed him for all to read. If this was an associate of yours or not, it looked bad and tasteless. The link is here: http://www.lawnsite.com/cgi-bin/bigtalker/discussion.cgi?forum=1&discussion=1898<p>You state:
    <p>No they should not! You were asking for donations, not sending invoices. A donation amount is made by the choice of the donor, not you!<p>You say you're not mad but it sounds like you are. I can't understand why you are alienating yourself from a web site that is growing daily with professional you look to sell to. <p>If you decide to quit posting here so be it, but think about it...you did not even give it a month! In my opinion you blew it, within 4 days you were criticizing 900 people for not responding (many of the 900 probably haven't been here in months), then ONLY 8 days into it you were publicly criticizing people by name for their donations being too low.<p>I will send my donation TODAY so I don't forget again, I will not tell you how much and I won't have to worry about being publicly executed.<p>Chuck - love the site, I will happily send my donation. I don't care if you use it for a trip, a computer, or toilet paper, just enjoy and thanks!<p>Ray<p>----------<br>Ray Kirby - Kirby's Cuttin' Edge Lawn Maintenance<br>Home Page, My Truck, Lawn Photos