Philly Area?

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by millrace, May 24, 2003.

1. millrace

millrace LawnSite Member

Located in SE PA just starting out.

2. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Welcome,

There are alot of us here. I happen to be from the lower Southeast PA. Read all about pricing and steer clear from people trying to rake the new guy. Keep your prices and professional work at a standard and you will do well.

3. millrace

millrace LawnSite Member

thanks, been looking at the posts for a while. speaking to a few guys locally. trying to figure out my niche. I know I cant beat the local migrants but with the growth we're having in chester county I think I can find the right customers ( looking for no more than 10)

4. millrace

millrace LawnSite Member

mushroom capital here by the way ;) ;)

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Welcome millrace! I'm in Bucks County, just outside of Philly.

Enjoy the site, lots of great info here.

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

mushroom capital, i take it your from avondale? i am from wilmington delaware however my uncle owns a business and is well known around there, my grandparents use to have a farm just outside of there.

7. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Millrace...Listen to what Cos says and you will be fine. From Western Delco here. Servicing properties in Chester and Delaware County.

Welcome.

8. highlandgreen

highlandgreen LawnSite Member

I am just starting out here. I know Nutrasoils, Inc. I get my shroom dirt and Ickbin from them and the Jersey guys who sell the Ickbin (Ickbin- secret word for mulch) I am just outside of West Grove. What kind of pricing are your guys getting in these parts? I pretty much go on time spent at site and multiply it by my dollar needs.

Just trying to make a living. There's enough grass for all of us if we top dress with mushroom soil (cured and killed that is).

2003 Skag Turg Tiger 25hp 61"
    1992 Exmark 32" w/b
    1974 19" Lawn-boy (best trim mower in the world) 43lbs. wet

Chris

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My guess would be Kennet Square area!

10. LandPro

LandPro LawnSite Member

Welcome to the neighborhood Millrace!! I service properties in Montgomery and Delaware Counties between Countyline rd. and the blue route.