Phone Book Number Listing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zz4guy, Feb 13, 2007.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys think it's worth it to have your business name and number in the phone book? Have you gotten any calls this way? I don't mean an advertisement; just a listing so that when people hear about you they can call your number.

I'm sending out postcards as my main advertising but was wondering if a number in the book would be worth the money? It is going to cost me $150 or so for the listing for the year. I'm starting to think it really is not worth it since I'm just starting and part time right now anyway. Any thoughts?

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would stick with flyers, postcards and door hangers

3. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

I believe you get 1 free business listing in the phone book here in Iowa. Just your business name listed alphabetically. When my girlfriend started her's that is what they did. Check soon, we just got our new ones (5!!) last month.
    VO

4. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah? What phonebook is that? I only called Dex Yellow Pages.

5. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Most books do have a free line listing BUT if you use a cell or a residential land line as your number...it does not apply...it must be a dedicated business line

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I live in a small town.....we can get a yellow page listing and and buisness listing for 3 bux extra a month. Alot of people see you in town and may get the name from the trailer but not the number........I think its worth it

wayne

7. CA CLT

CA CLT LawnSite Member

That is the beauty of a website. They can remember a domain much better than a phone number. Unlike the phone book listing though, by going to a nice looking and informative website, they can feel assured that they are dealing with a good company.

8. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

We keep Yellow Book. Seems to have most of what we need as far as listings. The others get file 13.
    VO

9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I run ads in my local newspaper rather then in the yellow pages. Its cheaper and alot more people see the ads then the yellow book