1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

phone book price

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

would you guys pay $313 per month to verizon to do a biz card size add in the yellow pages for 12 months.

2. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

Depends on how hurt you are for business... One job Pays for it so figure you need one new job per month to pay for your add.

3. Green Machine Mowing

Green Machine Mowing LawnSite Member

i wouldent, you'll just get a bunch o' tire kickers and price shopers who are just going to find someone else in the phonebook thats cheaper. with the added bonus of them constantly calling you and bugging you on prices and trying to beat them down

4. Frontier-Lawn

the basic;

Frontier Lawn & Landscape
    Sarasota County 941-123-4567

would run $28 per month and yes it would be free instead of the $28 if i have Verizon for my bizz phone instead of sprint :cry:

5. grasschopperofchicago

grasschopperofchicago LawnSite Member

I haven't opened a phone book in nearly 10 years!!---
    If I need a number and I am out, I of course use my cell phone 411 (free)
    If I am looking for a particular business locally, I am looking it up online, when I seek something it is generally online or word of mouth!
    I was looking for a Scag dealer locally, I went to Scag site and then called both dealers near me. I think $313 is an expense you don't need to spend!
    I personally think that money is better spent putting up signs in areas with high exposure, door hangers, equipment...I would never give out $313x12 for one ad...that is nearly a new walk behind, or a trailer (with logos) bought and paid for that will net you MORE than a phone book!!
    Just one LCO's opnion

6. Frontier-Lawn

Sorry but 411 on a cell is $1.40 per call!

7. JeffNY

JeffNY LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't advertise yellow pages if it were $50/mo

8. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

thats pretty expensive. i have done yellow page adds in the past and gotten lots of work from them. But there is another down side to yellow page adds. Its really easy for people marketing CRAP to just look thru the yellow pages and call buisness's to market the crap they are selling. I cant stand it anymore. I get 3-4 calls a day on average from people trying to sell advertising and such other things. When i ask them where they got my number they say, "i just looked thru the yellow pages". I Hate it.

9. grasschopperofchicago

grasschopperofchicago LawnSite Member

Not all cells charge friend, well not all packages...this thread isn't about (411info) charges, however mine in fact is included in my plan!--

And a little FYI---if you want to text for "FREE" phone numbers and business info!--text GOOGLE 466453 and put in Lawn Care and zip code!...will send you FREE results as well

10. LBLC_LCO

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

If I have to use 411, I dial 1-800-FREE-411 or Google now has a free 411 service: 1-800-GOOG-411

Have to listen to an ad or two, but hey, it's free.

But back on topic....$300 a month sounds like way too much. I wouldn't do it.